Maxima uses  SBCL lisp:

>maxima
Maxima 5.47.0 https://maxima.sourceforge.io
using Lisp SBCL 2.3.3

Are there any step-by-step instructions then how to make sagemath 10.1 use
maxima 4.7?

If I do not force sagemath to use system maxima, then it wants to build
maxima 5.46 instead but I want to use 5.47 based on what configure says.

Again, the question is: What does a user needs to do to make sagemath 10.1
beta use maxima 5.47? Either system installed one, or make sagemath build
it itself.

It does not matter to me which method is used, I just want to use 5.47
maxima from sagemath but not sure what to do.

Thanks
--Nasser