On 2023-07-15 19:05:42, 'Nasser M. Abbasi' via sage-devel wrote:
> Maxima uses  SBCL lisp:
>
> >maxima
> Maxima 5.47.0 https://maxima.sourceforge.io
> using Lisp SBCL 2.3.3
>
> Are there any step-by-step instructions then how to make sagemath 10.1 use
> maxima 4.7?

Not really. You need the tests in build/pkgs/maxima/spkg-configure.m4 to pass;
that's the authoritative list.

  1.  "maxima" has to be on your PATH
  2.  maxima has to be built with --enable-ecl
  3.  ECL needs to be able to find maxima.fas

The last one is the hardest. There's probably a secret "library path"
environment variable you can override with the path to your
maxima.fas, but I don't know how to do it off the top of my head.

If you're willing/able to write to ECL's built-in library directory,
you can accomplish (3) by installing maxima.fas to whatever is output
by,

  ecl -eval "(princ (SI:GET-LIBRARY-PATHNAME))" -eval "(quit)"