On Sun, 24 Sept 2023 at 22:10, Oscar Benjamin
<oscar.j.benja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 11:46:05 AM UTC-7 Oscar Benjamin wrote:
> >
> >> Where would I send the PR for the Sage doctests?
>
> On Sun, 24 Sept 2023 at 20:48, Matthias Koeppe <matthiaskoe...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I've added this to ci-sage.yml to explain what to do:
> >
> >       # To test with a Sage PR, use this:
> >       #sage_ref:                 refs/pull/PR_NUMBER/merge
>
> So currently the SymPy Sage CI job points at:
> https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36276
>
> So if there are doctest updates needed I guess the workflow is:
>
> - Open a PR against sagemath/sage with the needed (doctest or other) changes
> - Make SymPy's Sage CI job point at that PR
>
> Then when the time comes for Sage to update its SymPy version someone
> will incorporate the changes from that PR somehow?

I have done this now:

https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36641
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/25867

The SymPy CI testing with Sage all passes meaning that SymPy CI is all
green on the master branch:
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/commits/master

Thank you Matthias for fixing up the CI config after Sage's GitHub migration.

Is it worth changing the sage PR so that the Sage CI in the PR tests
with SymPy's master branch? (I don't know how to do that.)

--
Oscar