On Thu, Dec 14, 2023 at 11:23 PM William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just did some new benchmarks comparing lualatex to xelatex on some
> basic formulas like what I think is likely
> to be relevant.  This just involved running laulatex and xelatex many
> times on the same tex file full of equations
> and looking at the time.

AFAIK there is a way to speeding things up with luatex on files with
the same preamble.
Namely, one can generate a custom format, speeding up things like font loading.
(might be relevant for speeding up view()).

But it's above my pay grade, we need a real TeX hacker here. Maybe
Doris (in CC) could help us.

Best,
Dima