On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 at 14:20, Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 19, 2023 at 1:54 PM John Cremona <john.crem...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I am finding it impossible to get simple PRs to get past the automatic
> testing workflow system, which are repeatedly failing for reasons which
> have noting to do with any code I have changed.
> >
> > Two current examples are
> >
> >  - https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36786 ( a simple bugfix which
> I submitted 3 weeks ago and which could easily have made it into the last
> release)
> >  - https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36879 (an update to standard
> dependency package eclib, requiring no code changes at all)
> >
> > It used to be such a simple matter to locate a bug, fix it and get the
> fix merged.  Now it seems almost impossible (for me at least).
>
> Hi John,
>
> You have enough rights to ask people for reviews, right on the PR page.
> You should also put up a "needs review" tag, there, on the right side
> of the page.
> Without "needs review" tag chances are that noone will look at it.

I would have assumed that no-one would look at a PR whose automatic tests
were failing, since that *should* indicate that something is wrong with the
PR.

My complaint is that even with a PR based on the current develop branch,
tests are failing which are not caused by the PR.

But I will certainly now ask you to review both of these!

John