> On a quick skim-read, I found the "Sage Specific" paragraph very
> confusing. Are you trying to say that if someone makes up their own
> version of Sage that ships different versions of packages to the ones
> we normally ship, then they are on their own? Or something else?
>
> david

One more thing I forgot: This is like the Linux kernel, i.e. if you
load a binary module your kernel gets tainted. People will do their
best to help you [modulo some preaching not to use evil binary
modules], but in the end that is *your* problem. Using different Sage
components doesn't have the same stigma attached to say the NVidia
binary driver, but if you choose to do things differently and shoot
yourself in the foot it is *your* problem because you didn't want to
listen ;)

Cheers,

Michael