As a small update, the repository now contains code to

- perform arithmetic for
  - the imaginary model (ramified, one point at infinity) for all cases
  - the real model (split, two points at infinity) for all cases
  - the real model (inert, zero points at infinity) for even genus
  Which allows us to do "as much" as Magma does for Jacobians of
hyperellipticc curves from the perspective of arithmetic.

My current "test" for the arithmetic is that D - D = 0 for all cases, that
jacobian_order * D = zero and that order_from_multiple(D) works. If people
have other ideas for tests, please let me know. Of course at the moment
these tests are over finite fields but you can reasonable use other fields
(as Sabrina's message shows) but I am less sure about how to do randomised
testing here.

- We also have a function which can randomly (but not uniformly) sample
elements of the Jacobian for all the cases.
- We can compute the order of the Jacobian from the frob. polynomial and
using the arithmetic and in-build `order_from_multiple` then find the order
of divisors

I think the next thing to do is to look at isomorphisms and maybe even
isogenies (Richelot only for genus two perhaps?)

If you are interested in this area and want to contribute, then I think
fleshing out the code in this repo will be easier during these early stages
and once it feels complete we can look at replacing the current code in
sagemath with this newer version.