On Wednesday, April 24, 2024 at 8:05:15 AM UTC-5 Dima Pasechnik wrote:

running Cython in sage prompt or in Sage Jupyter notebook has nothing
to do with -i option.

I realize that.  But it looked to me like those variables are being set in
the sage-env script *primarily* to support sage -i.  Perhaps you are right
that it is *primarily* to support compiling cython, but it doesn't look
like it to me.  In any case, on macOS the default vaues work fine.

- Marc