On Fri, Aug 02, 2024 at 07:09:20AM -0700, Niranjana K M wrote:
> At first I had flint-3.1.0 from Gentoo portage. Got same errors and build
> failed. The I uninstalled flint and its dependents from Gentoo and let the
> Sage choose its flint spkg. Again it also failed with same errors.

I can confirm that on on Gentoo with sci-mathematics/flint-3.1.3_p1
installed one can build Sage 10.5.beta0 just fine.
I did not try 10.4, and I didn't try to build Sage-supplied flint.

It's another question why Sage's flint, version 3.1.3, which does not
have Gentoo-specific patches, fails to build on your system.

Just use the up to date flint from portage, not an old one, and it
should be fine to build 10.5.beta0 (the current develop branch).

HTH
Dima