On 8/6/24 20:42, Kwankyu Lee wrote:
On Tuesday, August 6, 2024 at 3:30:29 PM UTC+9 seb....@gmail.com wrote:

    This would replace something annoying for senior developers by
    something annoying for new contributors. I'm not sure if this is a
    good idea.

Naturally, the volume of annoyance is much larger for senior developers.

    Did you have to manually resolve merge conflicts in your example? If
    not, just don't push it back to the repository in such a situation
    in the future. If so, I agree with Tobias that *needs review* is a
    correct status.

Not for my example, but I observed in others that trivial merge conflicts resolution put the PR back to "needs review" status.

Force-pushing will too.