On Apr 1, 2008, at 9:15 PM, Jason Grout wrote:

> I'm trying to add _fast_float_ functionality to SymbolicEquation
> objects.  However, a perusal of the sage.ext.fast_eval.pyx file
> seems to
> indicate that the operations <, <=, ==, >=, >, and != are not
> supported
> by the fast_float machinery.  Is that correct?

That is correct.

> If so, how do I add
> these operations?  If not, then how do I construct a FastDoubleFunc
> object appropriately?
>
> Or, should I just use the python operators and call fast_float on
> each side?

The latter is what I would do--the result of evaluating a symbolic
equation object is a boolean not a float so it would be kind of hard
to hook into this mechanism anyways (well, one could represent True
by one float and False by another, but I don't think that's a very
clean solution).

- Robert