Hi Steve,

we are now tracking the issue at #3011.

On Apr 23, 10:08 pm, strogdon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Michael,
>
> Yes I do have R installed on my system. No, RHOMES is not set;
> however, R_HOMES is set to /usr/lib64/R. Apparently, the R
> installation does this.

ok. We can certainly overwrite that variable in sage-env for example
so the R install from Sage is used.

<SNIP>

> I've built sage previously, but without R installed. I suspect the
> installed (Portage) R is conflicting with what sage does. Let me know
> if you wish to see the install.log. I'm presently re-building sage in
> a shell where I've disabled the R_HOME variable.

Good. Let me know what that works. R itself is rather brittle and uses
hard coded locations in a bunch of shell files. I mean to patch that
out of the files and upgrading to R 2.6.2 or 2.7 [once it is out] will
be a good occasion to clean that up.

> Steve

Cheers,

Michael