On Apr 29, 7:14 am, "William Stein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 12:53 AM, mabshoff
<SNIP>

> Hi,
>
> I've made a trac ticket for this, since it seems to have got stalled:
>
>    http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/3052
>
> William

Robert,

I have come across a case that might cause some trouble: If you change
the permissions on a file you need to make a mercurial checking since
hg claims the repo has been changed, which is true. But export that
changeset and it  is empty. GIT handles renames and permission changes
and also prints those status changes in the log. So, does hg do
anything about those changes internally and is it just the log that is
insufficient? In the end it will not matter much since we can just add
a list of files whose permissions have to be changed and restore them
if it causes trouble. In case of spkg-install & friends for example
that is automatically taken care of by first making the scripts
executable before they are being run by sage-$FOO.

Cheers,

Michael