On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Fredrik Johansson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Oleksandr Pavlyk reports on the Wolfram Blog that he has computed the
>  10 millionth Bernoulli number using Mathematica:
>
> http://blog.wolfram.com/2008/04/29/today-we-broke-the-bernoulli-record-from-the-analytical-engine-to-mathematica/
>
>  How does sage's Bernoulli number implementation compare? I'd like to
>  see bernoulli(10^7) in sage beating Mathematica's time. And then
>  computing the 20 millionth Bernoulli number...

I couldn't find any information about the hardware that guy used.
64-bit?  32-bit?
1.8Ghz or 3Ghz?   Could somebody write and ask?

Also, when I tried

    bernoulli(10^7+2)

directly in Sage there were a couple of issues that arose, since that command
is much more designed for smaller input.   I fixed those small issues.
I guess we'll see in a week ..

William