On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 4:14 PM, mabshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> just to let you know: For some reason all the public Sage notebooks on
> sage.math are down. Since William is off the grid and I have no
> documentation how to properly restart the notebooks they will be down
> until William shows up again. Me poking around can only potentially
> damage the data and I have no intention of FUBARing the install, so I
> will not attempt to fix it since all obvious attempts to reverse
> engineer the install have failed.

This error appears in the logs:

bzip2: I/O or other error, bailing out.  Possible reason follows.
bzipException exceptions.AttributeError: "Cell instance has no
attribute '_Cell__worksheet'" in  ignored
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "Cell instance has no attribute
'_Cell__worksheet'" in  ignored

and this probably caused the trouble.   It should not
be possible to create a cell without a __worksheet attribute,
so I'm very puzzled by this; I'm guessing there may have
been some weird exception involving permissions or
something.

I've restarted all three servers.   Unfortunately the main
sagenb.org server had to be partly restored from a backup
from July 5.  Note however that no actual worksheets
were technically lost, since they are still on the file system;
if you load a worksheet that was saved after that it
should appear as you saved it.  The only problem will
be worksheets that you created after that date; if you
have one and need it let me know.

Michael:  By the way, the public notebook servers are
restarted as follows:

  sudo sage-chroot-manage
  su - server2
  ./restart

If that doesn't work then the servers are seriously foobar'd,
as the sagenb.org server was above (where the above wouldn't
work).

 -- william