David Joyner wrote:
> They installed fine and I'm testing it out now. Just to confirm:
> in matrix2 you have
> eigenspaces_left, eigenspaces_right,
> eigenvalues_left, eigenvalues_right,

Actually, there should be only eigenvalues().

There should also be eigenvectors_right/left and eigenmatrix_right/left.

> kernel_left, kernel_right,
> image_left (= row_space), image_right (=column_space),
> but in functional and matrix_rational_dense, you only have kernel_left?

The modifications to functional.py, matrix_rational_dense, and
matrix_integer_dense are still being worked on.  The main things I was
testing was the modifications in matrix2.pyx.  The plan is to carry the
interface into any subclass that overrides any of these functions
(including matrices over RDF and CDF too, as well as symbolic matrices).

So the main changes:
* introduction of eigen* functions
* changing left/right_* functions to *_left/right to make tab completion
and finding the functions much easier.
* getting rid of functions which implicitly assume left/right and making
those functions explicitly say what they are returning, since, for
example, a vast majority of linear algebra people would assume kernel()
is the right kernel, while apparently a sizable contingent of number
theory/sage people assume kernel() means left kernel.

Again, comments/suggestions/complaints?

Thanks,

Jason