Hi,

it still breaks on -O3 and -O2 iirc as when I tested... it should be
lowered to -O1 to work always, anyway adding only those 2 mentioned
earlier flags (-fno-crossjumping -fno-reorder-blocks) makes it work, I
though rather about looking for what compiler versions it fails and
patching it in those cases like it is done in clisp for example... I
also agree -O6 is same as -O3, anyway it's what it is set to in
sources... it was also confirmed to occur in not prerelease version of
gcc 4.3.1 (see my earlier mail, tested it on friend's debian
machine...) - simple solution would be to disable crossjumpung and
reorder-blocks for all, but some system might benefit from it...
that's why I'm looking into if it happens for all 4.3 or only 4.3.1

cheers,
Andrzej.