I think the coding theory aspect is worth mentioning. I thnk that for
binary codes,
SAGE can compute automorphism groups and minimum distances in times
competitive with Magma (though I have not yet wrapped the minimum distance
function yet, which is recent C code due to CJ Tjhai). The
functionality is reasonable,
but speedwise only the binary case is implemented with fast code.