On Sep 2, 6:43 am, "John Cremona" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi John,

> I hope I didn't kill #1115's chances by relabelling it from a bug fix
> to an enhancement, since I didn't just fix the bug...

Nope, code from that area is high level and usually does introduce no
failures that are platform specific. And we are still pre-rc0, which
will probably take 24 or so hours to get out.

> The only problem with the current patch is that we found a call to
> dumps() crashes on a 64-bit machine but is fine on a 32-bit machine.
> Anyone have any idea what might cause that?

No clue. Can you do a "sage -ba" on the tree and see of the problem
goes away? What does the backtrace from gdb say? Are there any weak
references involved in that code? We have been seeing oddities with
weak references and Cython.

> John

Cheers,

Michael