Hello -

I have done some browser app testing stuff recently. People keep
pointing me to Selenium, but for some reason, it seems harder to set
up than it could be.

How are you all launching/managing/tracking the tests you are running?
Do you have a walk-through on setting up and running the harness? I
may want to suggest other things, but I can look at what you have or
are doing now and track that first.

Just FYI, from my experience working at Mozilla, I am convinced that a
_lot_ of testing of these kinds of apps can be done with a combination
of two things. First, something like mochitest, a javascript-based
suite that allows one to test any DOM manipulation or operation (such
as pushing buttons, typing characters, selecting menus, following
links, etc). Second there is reftest, a tool that allows one to do bit-
by-bit verification of graphical output. These both require the use of
Firefox, but having really good testing on FF helps the app overall,
and is better (IMHO) than having shallow testing on more browsers.
This is just my opinion, in the interest of disclosing my prejudices.

cheers - ray

On Aug 23, 11:04 am, "Mike Hansen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello all,

<snip>