On Sep 17, 12:37 pm, "William Stein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jason,
>
> Just a heads up -- your code above is going to become pointless when we switch
> to using Ginac as a backend for symbolic manipulation, since Sage will no
> longer
> keep its own expression tree.

Thanks for the heads up.  The code above would be "pointless" even if
Ginac weren't in the pipeline--it's surely full of holes.  The point
was just to try to get a working version of the idea across.  Once the
Ginac code lands, will there be a way to represent formal
integration?  Could there be?  Would it look like this, or would you
want it to?

Regards,

JM