On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 at 12:08AM -0700, William Stein wrote:
> This is a shot in the dark, but maybe ipython was upgraded and your
> ipythonrc is incompatible somehow.  Could you try deleting
> $HOME/.sage/ipython and try again?

No dice. Same error.

Although I did notice that Sage *did* start, and seems to work normally.
It gives the weird traceback, and then gives me a prompt. I was so
flustered by the traceback (which is printed in multiple colors in my
terminal) that I didn't even notice that I had a working prompt!

I tried reinstalling ipython with "sage -f", but the error persists.
This was a fresh build from source, I checked the tarball and it's got
the right md5 sum. Very strange.

Dan

--
---  Dan Drake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>