Dear Michael,

On Oct 23, 7:47 am, Michael Brickenstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Nevertheless. I just uploaded some nice example to the wiki, for
> testing your F5 implementation.
> I was originally provided by Gema Diaz.
> It is inhomogeneous and the GB is [1].
>
> http://wiki.sagemath.org/days10/CodingSprint?action=AttachFile&do=get...
>
> Slimgb takes about 0.2s (2.2 Ghz Thunderbird).

The test is unfair, in the sense that our F5 implementations rely on
homogeneous input (hence, this inhomogeneous example would be
homogenized).

So, making the test fair, I tested slimgb on the homogenisation of
Gema's example. Slimgb took 4:05 minutes on my machine.

On the other hand, John Perry told me that homogenisation might be
avoidable in F5.

Anyway. Clearly I do not expect to beat slimgb or std or anything else
with a toy implementation.

Cheers
      Simon