I've submited a patch for integrating gp2c into sage

gp2c is a program that converts a gp script into a C program.

description of my patch

"This patch implements two functions for the Gp object: gp2c_compile_file and
gp2c
 The first one compiles a file using gp2c-run and load its into the instance
of the Gp intepreter asociated to the Gp object. (is like the ceval function
proposed in the description at the begining, but I think that gp2c would be a
better name). Also note that you cannot use it to evaluate arbitrary gp
expressions, just to define functions (in a syntax valid for gp2c, for
example: avoid C identifiers)
 You can use it to do something like:
 G=Gp() G.gp2c('f(x)=2*x') G.eval('f(2)') '4'
 The second one takes a string, save it to a temporary file and compiles it
using gp2c_compile_file
 The temporary files are deleted when the Gp object is destroyed."

This can make some computation using gp much faster!

Michael coments on that ticket that even though it has a positive review, we
need a formal vote on sage-devel to get gp2c into the core of Sage.

would you like to integrate this into Sage?

best regards
Pablo