On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 9:10 AM, mabshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Oct 28, 8:55 am, "William Stein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 4:23 AM, mabshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > On Oct 27, 11:42 pm, "William Stein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > <SNIP>

>> > I did build a pari-2.4.3.spkg at SD 10 and while gen.pyx passes
>> > doctests there were problems with the gp doctests. I did take some
>> > notes about which patches no longer applied and which patches had been
>> > merged, so if anyone wants to try his/her luck let me know.=
>>
>> Can you post these notes to a trac ticket and post the number
>> here?  That said, Karim made it crystal clear to me that he
>> very strongly recommends that we use:
>>    http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/unstable/pari-2.4.2.alpha.tar.gz
>
> Ok, I wasn't precise above: I did upgrade to the 2.4.3svn release. I
> still do have that spkg around.

Ok, I wasn't precise above either.  I think Karim Belabas (pari lead
developer) wants us to use the version here:
    http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/download.html
that is an official linked tarball that is labeled "development version".
The svn version (e.g., the 2.4.3svn you used) is something we should
not use.  It is labeled: "    * Warning: This latter snapshot contains
bleeding edge patches, constantly updated. It may not even compile!
You may want to check the Buildlogs page first."

Karim, please correct me if I'm wrong.  Thanks!

William