Hi Henryk,

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 7:34 AM, David Roe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Great!  This has been on my list of things I'd like to have
> implemented for a while.
>
> Presumably, much of this code will be incorporated into the Sage
> library.  So it's not really a "package" per se.  Instead, you should
> make a ticket on trac (http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac), for which
> you need an account.  Then you should post Mercurial patches there,
> that include both the changes to existing files and the new files that
> you've created (there's a Mercurial tutorial at
> http://sagemath.org/doc/prog/index.html if you need it).  Then you
> should have someone review the code, at which point it can be merged
> into the current Sage release.
> David
>
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Henryk Trappmann
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I developed a package to work with infinite power series.
>> You can work with the power series mostly like with functions, the
>> actual value of a coefficient is computed when requested.
>> For example (the working title is PowerSeriesRingI, "I" like
>> infinite):
[...]
>> My question is about making this a standard SAGE package.
>> Is there any guideline how to do so and what are the criteria and
>> requirements?

I just like to add that you might find the "Sage Developer's Guide" useful:

http://www.sagemath.org/doc/prog/prog.html

Since we're working with trac and use mercurial from a Sage interface,
I strongly recommend that you use our Sage interface to mercurial, not
mercurial itself. That is, please use the family hg_sage.* of commands
for interfacing with mercurial, and not hg (which is your local copy
of mercurial). Using hg_sage.* for producing patches makes it easier
for other developers to review your code. In some cases, this can
actually expedite the review process.

Also, you might find the "Trac Guidelines for Sage" at

http://wiki.sagemath.org/TracGuidelines

useful.

--
Regards