2008/10/30 Robert Bradshaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>> Since we're working with trac and use mercurial from a Sage interface,
>> I strongly recommend that you use our Sage interface to mercurial, not
>> mercurial itself. That is, please use the family hg_sage.* of commands
>> for interfacing with mercurial, and not hg (which is your local copy
>> of mercurial). Using hg_sage.* for producing patches makes it easier
>> for other developers to review your code. In some cases, this can
>> actually expedite the review process.
>
> This is somewhat OT, but just to clarify, I never use the hg_sage.*
> commands and I never have any issues. Nor do a many of the other
> developers I know. For example, lots of people find mercurial queues
> very useful and they are not exposed in the hg_sage interface at all.
> Also, it's a lot easier to find documentation on the "unwrapped"
> version.

I often work on systems which don't have their own hg (and on which I
cannot install stuff), so it might be relevant to people to mention
that you can run Sage's hg via "sage -hg" from the command line.  That
way you are also sure to be using the right version of hg even if your
system's version is different.

John