Would it be possible to have a beginners mode where undefined
variables are allowed? A user could easily change the mode to standard
using say set_mode_standard() or something similar. Maybe have Sage
state the mode both on the command line and in the notebook. The only
problem would be that some people might share code that has undefined
variables with people that are using the standard mode.