On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 10:39 PM, Minh Nguyen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> 4) Generating public and private keys
>>
>> Choosing p and q of such different sizes is really a bad idea and IMHO
>> shouldn't be encouraged. The hardness of factorisation depends on the size
>> (and form) of the smaller factor.
>
> Technically, you're right. But again, this tutorial is for Sage

I basically agree with all your responses except this one.   It's
really bad chosing p and q to be far from each or of a special
form (Mersenne primes).  It's really critically important that the
primes be chosen of relatively the same size (but not too close!),
and be chosen at random.  That one can chose primes at random
requires a fast (pseudo)-primality test, and that these exist is
really a major important central idea in public-key crypto.
So, I encourage you to either change your choice of p,q in that
example, or to put in a warning.

William