Firstly, I want to use it with R and with some other packages in which I can
signal process, optimize etc (there are many opportunities I think) and I
want to exchange data with opensees. Yes it is opensource but with the
restriction that you can distribute it for noncommercial purposes but you
can not distribute (or integrate it) with commercial applications, but
indeed you can use it for commercial purposes (which sounds to me very hard
to control for which purposes I am distributing it!). You can find the
latest modified license at
http://opensees.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/OpenSees/COPYRIGHT?rev=1.3&content-type=text/plain
Also, yes it is built on tcl/tk and requires it for now.
I think it will be great to use it with Sage too :)