Daniel Stine wrote:
> I hacked together an application for my own personal use that can be
> used as a launcher for Sage, though I decided to share it, since I'm
> quite sure someone will find it useful.  It consists of a bash shell
> script packaged in a small .app bundle.  I'm not as familiar with
> shell scripts as I'd like to be, and, as such, the script I'm using to
> launch Sage is rather basic right now.  It depends on a hardwired path
> for the Sage binary "/Applications/sage/sage" and does not yet enter
> the notebook() command nor does it open the browser yet (though that
> would be a fairly easy addition).  The source code for my current
> version of the bash script is:
> "#!/usr/bin/env bash
>
> open /Applications/sage/sage".
> The script is saved with a .command extension (as .command files are
> set to open in Terminal automatically).

This single thing (opening terminal automatically) would save my advisor
some grief every time we upgrade Sage (I do the upgrade since the whole
"associating Terminal with Sage" step in the installation is too technical).

I can't test your solution (don't have a mac), but I heartily support
any steps in the direction of making Sage easier to install and use on a
mac.

Thanks!

Jason