On Nov 24, 9:47 am, Jason Grout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Daniel Stine wrote:
> > I hacked together an application for my own personal use that can be
> > used as a launcher for Sage, though I decided to share it, since I'm
> > quite sure someone will find it useful.  It consists of a bash shell
> > script packaged in a small .app bundle.  I'm not as familiar with
> > shell scripts as I'd like to be, and, as such, the script I'm using to
> > launch Sage is rather basic right now.  It depends on a hardwired path
> > for the Sage binary "/Applications/sage/sage" and does not yet enter
> > the notebook() command nor does it open the browser yet (though that
> > would be a fairly easy addition).  The source code for my current
> > version of the bash script is:
> > "#!/usr/bin/env bash
>
> > open /Applications/sage/sage".
> > The script is saved with a .command extension (as .command files are
> > set to open in Terminal automatically).

Yes, this would be very nice.  Clicking a shell script is okay too,
and for a while I did that, but being able to do what you describe
would be good because of the .app.  Do you think that if this script
was placed alongside a Sage binary in the bundle it would be self-
contained and immediately double-clickable (this may be a dumb
question)?  Also, can you expand those directions you gave for those
of us who have never created a .app bundle of any kind?

Thanks,
- kcrisman