On Dec 25, 11:02 am, "William Stein" <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 10:53 AM, mabshoff <mabsh...@googlemail.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

> > And Bill Hart has fixed the bug in FLINT 1.0.21, so I am waiting on
> > some more tests to finish and some build reports before cutting
> > 3.2.3.final.
>
> Did you fix the "atlas on sage.math" tuning problem?  I'm guessing
> "no" since the total time in 3.2.3.alpha0 to build atlas was 3 hours.

I did not merge that spkg yet since testing it is tricky and I am/was
busy with other things. The changes I applied basically boil down to
better (working) Itanium 2 detection and cpuid fixes, but without some
wide testing it is a somewhat risky merge, i.e. on PPC linux for
example. If you can live with potentially screwing up some of the less
popular arches we can go ahead and merge it and sort out the fallout
in 3.3 should there be any.

>  What information do you need to fix it?

None.

> Since I can't use any of my compile farm on there until you do.  Just curious.

Ok, I thought this would not really be a problem. I have just been
reusing my initial ATLAS libs out of lazyness :)

Note that the OpenSUSE 11.1 build issue is still open and I am not
very comfortable with the fix I have. The "right fix" in that
situation would be to build a statically linked bash, but that seems
excessive.

>  -- William

Cheers,

Michael