On Feb 5, 12:08 pm, ahmet alper parker <aapar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to ask that, is it possible to calculate the
> error in our calculations with Sage (or else like maxima, matlab etc. if you
> know)? Also, is there big number (multiple precision arithmetic) support on
> Sage?

The "best" [read: easiest] way is to use an interval. Then you get the
error, but this will not work for everything. It's also slower. That's
also possible for big numbers, have a look at:
http://sagemath.org/doc/ref/module-sage.rings.real-mpfi.html

maxima i don't know, matlab has good interval libraries, like intlab,
but that's outside of sage. also, if you want to do this for more
complicated things like differential equations it's much more
complicated...