Hi everyone,

being a new Sage user under Mac OS X, I spent a whole day trying to
get the examples for using compiled code from
http://www.math.washington.edu/~jkantor/Numerical_Sage/node10.html to
work. Trying to make sense of the error messages and googling for
fixes, I did not realise the most simple explanation - until I ran
"which gcc" in the terminal and got no result. I simply didn't have
gcc installed! Unless I'm blind, there is no hint to check if gcc is
installed in an obvious place on website or in the documentation. Of
course, the problem was fixed easily by installing XcodeTools.

I think it would be very helpful for new users to have a remark in the
readme or on the download page, that sage does not include gcc, but
requires it for certain features. Maybe this is so obvious, that
nobody thought of it before.

Otherwise, Sage seems to be a great piece of Software, keep on the
great Work
Felix