Hi, I got an improved version of the current sage logo from sirio -
not the graphics, just the letters of the text. I don't want to push
this online without any discussion, because it is an rather important
aspect of sage! It's also once again an opportunity to discuss some
efforts towards a more unique corporate design.
For example, in each notebook in the upper left corner is still the
old sage logo, i think this should be replaced by an adoption of the
currently used logo. Also, I can remember something with business
cards and it could touch the new documentation...

anyway, here is the proposal.
http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/schilly/newsagechars.png

I like the simplified letters and it is now easier to scale it
smaller. It's also not so weak and no disturbing diagonal artifacts.
(and yes, this will be also available as an svg in inkscape, otherwise
it's useless ...)

Harald