On 16 Feb., 02:30, mabshoff <mabsh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 15, 10:31 am, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 7:45 AM, mabshoff <mabsh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>
> > The Fedora 64-bit segfaults issue is one of these.  I just searched
> > and couldn't find any tickets in trac about this, which is odd.   I
> > made some progress on that, in particular I found a workaround:
>
> >http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/5278

Hi,

I don't know what happened in the meantime (trac temporarily down),
but I code-reviewed the omalloc code which comes with Singular for an
hour or two. No definite clue yet why it chokes (many guesses,
worthless without "live" tests), but as a by-result I can say that
this code as-is certainly will not run on Windows 64 Bit native. It
assumes and uses (hardcoded at several places when initializing a
variable) that the size of a void pointer is equal to the size of a C
long. Which is wrong for Windows 64 Bit systems.

Cheers,
gsw