On Feb 24, 12:13 pm, Christophe Oosterlynck <tif...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to have the block massey implementation from linbox
> available in Sage. I'm looking into on how to do this but I have no
> idea on how to make adjustments to linbox so they will be reflected in
> Sage.
> So I probably want to extend the linbox-sage.c/h files from linbox
> with a function to wrap block massey. But where do these changes go in
> Sage? I can only find linbox in the "local/include/linbox" directory
> in the sage folder. Do I need to make my changes in there or somewhere
> else and then recompile linbox?

One way is to modify the linbox spkg and then reinstall that.  If  you
have a source distribution, you have a file $SAGE_ROOT/spkg/standard/
linbox-1.1.6.spkg, or something like that.  If you have a binary
distribution, you probably need to download this from <http://
www.sagemath.org/packages/standard/linbox-1.1.6.spkg>.

Run "tar jxf linbox-1.1.6.spkg" to unpack the archive, then edit the
file linbox-1.1.6/src/interfaces/sage/linbox-sage.C and any other
files however you want.  Then you need to recreate the spkg file (make
a bzipped tar file of the altered linbox-1.1.6 directory and call it
something like 'linbox-1.1.6a.spkg'), and then install it: run 'sage -
f linbox-1.1.6a.spkg'.

You might also want to edit the file $SAGE_ROOT/devel/sage/sage/libs/
linbox/linbox.pyx, to tell Sage how to access the new pieces of
linbox.

Does anyone have any corrections or additions to what I wrote?

  John