Dear William

> I like s.cardinality() since that's what I've used often already all
> over in Sage.
> Do
>
> sage: search_src('cardinality')
> <hundreds of places in sage where this is used!>

Arglll !!! I had this idea and issued an

tomahawk-*ge-combinat/sage $ grep def\ cardinality\( **/*.py* | wc
     11      35     533

which was a pretty low number. For the record:
  tomahawk-*ge-combinat/sage $ grep def\ cardinality\( **/*.py*
  rings/integer_mod_ring.py:    def cardinality(self):
  rings/ring.pyx:    def cardinality(self):
  schemes/elliptic_curves/ell_finite_field.py:    def cardinality(self,
algorithm='heuristic', extension_degree=1):
  sets/primes.py:    def cardinality(self):
  sets/set.py:    def cardinality(self):
  sets/set.py:    def cardinality(self):
  sets/set.py:    def cardinality(self):
  sets/set.py:    def cardinality(self):
  sets/set.py:    def cardinality(self):
  sets/set.py:    def cardinality(self):
  structure/parent.pyx:    def cardinality(self):

Is there a standard policy about aliases like card/cardinality ?

I'm personally against them because they tends to make the code more
confusing. But I'd like to know if there si a general answer.

Cheers,

Florent