I think that it is quite hard to develop a graphic platform that
perform well
displaying both 3D 2D and general graphics... sometimes it is good to
have
some interactive 2D plotting and use other graphical engine for
complex
diagram such as polar or smith chart.

Apart from this consideration I like flot not because it is nice to
see, but
because having a JS data instead of a static png will allow to zoom or
have a crosshair that point the value of the data on mouse over
events, or
to dynamically add and remove line from a plot. This kind of feature
are
not really required when your presenting your work, but I think that a
lot
of user, like me, that comes from the matlab world would enjoy such
graphic interaction... even without 3D capabilities.

Sorry I did not mean to be polemic, was just a bunch of consideration
at the end of the day (Rome Time :)), apart from that could you please
point
out again your code

(http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/
91c424ccb670ed4b/2ffcf542cfeaeb64)

to crack the plot.show function., maybe I can work a little bit on
that!