Harald Schilly wrote:
> On Mar 9, 11:27 am, Tim Lahey <tim.la...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ... but I think the canvas back end has a
>> decent chance of being funded.
>
> Yes, but first of all, this week until the 13th we need to have a
> proposal for Sage as a mentor group. Therefore it should focus on such
> tasks that have no maths background and average IT students are able
> to solve them. Later on, iff Sage is selected as a mentor group and
> students submit proposals for different tasks (integration, etc.) it
> could be discussed. If Sage is not selected, nothing will happen :\
> So, I hope some mentors pop up and we manage to write a decent
> proposal in the next few days! There is enough non-maths stuff that
> needs to be done.

Is Cython going to be entering again this year?  What about scipy/numpy,
sympy, ginac, or other projects that Sage relies on?  I can see
enhancing pynac as falling under the ginac project, for example.

As another idea for something that would be fantastic: how about
finishing Davide Cervone's javascript equation editor?  jsmath is used
all over the place, and having an online equation editor would be great
too.  I'm referring to:
http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/talks/2006-12-08.IMA/editor.html

Thanks,

Jason