On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 at 08:50PM -0700, William Stein wrote:
> sage: !math
> Mathematica 6.0 for Linux x86 (64-bit)
> Copyright 1988-2007 Wolfram Research, Inc.
>
> In[1]:= sin(x)
>
> Out[1]= sin x

On a similar note, we have this:

> sage: !math
> Mathematica 6.0 for Linux x86 (64-bit)
> Copyright 1988-2007 Wolfram Research, Inc.
>
> In[1]:= sin = 0
>
> Out[1]= 0
>
> In[2]:= sin(Pi/2)
>
> Out[2]= 0

If you think that's so silly that no one would ever really do something
like that...then you have never faced a computer lab full of engineering
sophomores.

There are certainly things in Sage that are equally ridiculous, but one
thing that I really, really about Sage like is that, by building on top
of Python, we benefit from the years and years of experience and
discussion about language design that the Python community has gone
through.

Dan

--
---  Dan Drake <dr...@kaist.edu>