On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 10:21 PM, John H Palmieri
<jhpalmier...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For a while now, I haven't been receiving email notifications of
> changes in trac tickets.  Has the notification option been turned off?
> Can we turn it back on? I notice that it's off by default <http://
> trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/wiki/TracNotification>, so maybe the
> default setting is being used now.

The current trac.sagemath.org mail notification section is the following:

[notification]
always_notify_owner = true
always_notify_reporter = true
always_notify_updater = true
mime_encoding = base64
smtp_always_bcc =
smtp_always_cc = sage-t...@googlegroups.com
smtp_default_domain =
smtp_enabled = true
smtp_from = t...@math.washington.edu
smtp_password =
smtp_port = 25
smtp_replyto = wst...@math.washington.edu
smtp_server = euler.math.washington.edu
smtp_user =
use_public_cc = false
use_short_addr = false
use_tls = false

---

Nobody has changed the above recently.  I did try restarting trac a
few days ago, but that didn't resolve this problem.   My best guess is
that one of the UW math department machines has been changed so that
it no longer accepts emails from the trac server, though it did a week
ago.   This possibility is I suppose consistent with the math machines
having been rebooted / restructed some recently (?).

I don't remember who setup the above.  Was it Robert Bradshaw?

My best guess for what to try next is to configure an smtp server
directly on sagemath and set smtp_server to equal that instead of
euler.math.washington.edu.   But I want to wait until h...@math
responds.

   -- William