William Stein wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Pat LeSmithe <qed...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Are there any issues/risks with adding
>>        extended_valid_elements: "style",
>> to the tinyMCE.init object in notebook.py (around line 1810)?
>
> I have no idea.  Did you try it?  Did it mess anything up?

I should have said that I've tried it and haven't noticed any problems.
 I'm worried mainly about security, though maybe unnecessarily, since
this is "just" CSS.  In case it matters, it's possible to allow or
disallow specific attributes.  I'll investigate further, unless someone
better informed can be more definitive.

>> By the way, I may have missed this in the documentation, but is it
>> possible to set a transparent background for 2D plots in Sage?
>
> Nope.  Do you somehow want transparent png's to put in a website or
> elsewhere?  Does png support transparency? (I just don't know.)  This
> would really be a matplotlib question, I think.

PNG definitely supports transparency.  I think http://www.sagemath.org/
has several.  Right now, I'm just thinking of plots in published
worksheets with custom background colors.  You're right about matplotlib:

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/faq/howto_faq.html?highlight=savefig#save-transparent-figures

With multiple z-index'd layers --- one of them opaque --- maybe it's
possible to enable or disable a grid, say, with a click of a button.