On Apr 15, 8:08 pm, Rado <rki...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since I have an old AMD 64, i downloaded the sources and tried to
> build sage. I am on ubuntu 8.10. Here is how far I got:

> sage_fortran -fPIC  -c stzrqf.f -o stzrqf.o
> sage_fortran -fPIC  -c stzrzf.f -o stzrzf.o
> sage_fortran -fPIC  -c sstemr.f -o sstemr.o
> sage_fortran.bin: Internal error: Segmentation fault (program f951)
> Please submit a full bug report.

<SNIP>

The g95 binaries we ship suck. At least for Linux the removal of them
has been discussed since they do cause problems in various
situations.

> Any ideas, how to move on. My guess is to try with "gfortran" compile,
> but not sure how to set the vars and so on.
>
> Thanks,
> Rado

Look at README.txt:

NOTE: If you're using Fortran on a platform without g95 binaries
included
      with Sage, e.g., Itanium, you must use a system-wide gfortran.
You
      have to explicitly tell the build process about the fortran
      compiler and library location.  Do this by typing

          export SAGE_FORTRAN=/exact/path/to/gfortran
          export SAGE_FORTRAN_LIB=/path/to/fortran/libs/libgfortran.so

Note that the SAGE_FORTRAN_LIB should point to the one library that
isn't a link, i.e. libgfortran.so.2 for example. You should start
building over from a clean copy of Sage since it is non-trivial to
switch Fortran compilers once Sage has used one unless you know what
you really are doing.

Cheers,

Michael