something out for people to test and rebase patches against. The list
of 3.4.1 blockers has gotten much shorter considering that various
blockers were fixed in rc3 that were never listed for rc2:

 * #5219: Build ATLAS in dist mode with SSE2 only
 * #5559: roots issue on fedora core 32-bit and gcc 4.3.3
 * #5662: Gonzalo Tonoria: [with patch, needs review] Timing issue in
clisp-readline (Nasty hang (deadlock?) in maxima pexpect interface on
core 2 quad
 * #5697: downgrade GAP due to Itanium issues
 * #5741: Detect Atom CPUs as Core2 in the ATLAS detection script
 * #5742: ATLAS.spkg: parallel make breaks on system with "real" sh
 * #5788: Fix MPIR build problem on OSX 10.4 exposed by linbox

If you look into trac you will note that certain patches have not been
merged despite "positive review" and that is due to me avoiding the
riskier patches. My main goal for tonight, i.e. 18 hours from now is
to resolve the outstanding issues and cut rc4 with everything above
resolved so 3.4.1 can finally be released.

The bits are as usual in

  http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/mabshoff/release-cycles-3.4.1/

Please build, doctest and report problems. Note that some build issues
like on OSX 10.4 have not been resolved yet. I have build on 64 bit
linux and 32 bit OSX 10.5 and all test did pass for -long, so I am
hopeful that this release candidate will be reasonably stable.

Cheers,

Michael

Merged in Sage 3.4.1.rc3:

#3081: Kilian Kilger: Added support for Kloosterman sums [Reviewed by
William Stein]
#3309: Dan Drake: massively optimize the binomial function when an
input is real or complex floating point [Reviewed by William Stein]
#4637: David Roe: bug/stupid design of padic_printing.sep print mode
stuff (depends on #5499) [Reviewed by Nick Alexander]
#4724: Nick Alexander: expose pari's galois and finer number field
interfaces [Reviewed by Alex Ghitza]
#5264: Robert Bradshaw: optimize small permgroup elements [Reviewed by
Robert Miller]
#5270: Alex Ghitza: implement plotting of affine and projective
algebraic curves [Reviewed by John Cremona]
#5379: John Palmieri: html conversion problems with live version of
tutorial (ReST version) [Reviewed by William Stein]®
#5386: John Palmieri: simplicial complexes and their homology
[Reviewed by William Stein]
#5450: Jason Grout: plotting a vector as a point plots a sphere, not a
point [Reviewed by Robert Bradshaw]
#5478: Dan Drake: RestrictedPartitions is very slow and a huge memory
hog [Reviewed by Florent Hivert]
#5487: Andrew Mathas: Content function for tableaux [Reviewed by
Florent Hivert, Nicolas Thiery]
#5499: David Roe: Wrong precision when creating p-adic field element
[Reviewed by William Stein]
#5538: Florent Hivert: Family does copy its input + various
improvement [Reviewed by Nicolas Thiery, Michael Abshoff]
#5543: Carl Witty: RealIntervalField parents are not unique [Reviewed
by William Stein]
#5611: John Palmieri: blackboard bold font for jsMath [Reviewed by
Jason Grout]
#5631: Alex Ghitza: improve doctest coverage for schemes/generic/
affine_space.py [Reviewed by William Stein]
#5654: Andrey Novoseltsev: Boundary/interior points of vertices were
computed wrong [Reviewed by Marshall Hampton]
#5655: Andrey Novoseltsev: Improved enumeration of vertices and 0-
dimensional faces [Reviewed by Marshall Hampton]
#5659: Wilfried Huss: Use CRT to speed up solve_mod [Reviewed by
Wilfried Huss]
#5673: John Cremona: Enhanced handling of elliptic curve twists
[Reviewed by Robert Bradshaw]
#5676: Tom Boothby: Preparser identifies hex literals as floating
point. [Reviewed by Robert Bradshaw]
#5684: Willem Jan Palenstijn: Taking negative powers of Laurent
polynomial throws exception [Reviewed by William Stein]
#5685: John Cremona: enhanced nth_root in ZZ and QQ and related
utilities [Reviewed by William Stein]
#5702: Michael Abshoff: make "make check" & friends doctest the
documentation too [Reviewed by Craig Citro]
#5715: Robert Bradshaw: show subdivisions for matrices over GF(2)
[Reviewed by John Palmieri]
#5721: Mike Hansen, Dan Bump: speed up
irreducible_character_freudenthal [Reviewed by Dan Bump, Mike Hansen]
#5733: Robert Miller: bug in 3d plotting of graphs [Reviewed by
William Stein]
#5734: John Cremona: Bring doctests of modular/modsym/manin_symbols.py
up to 100% [Reviewed by David Loeffler]
#5735: Robert Bradshaw: delete extended rationals and integers
completely [Reviewed by William Stein]
#5737: Burcin Erocal: pynac interface improvements [Reviewed by Nick
Alexander]
#5743: Michael Abshoff: Solaris 10/Sparc: Fix numerical noise issues
in doctests [Reviewed by Craig Citro]
#5745: Alex Ghitza: improve doctest coverage for schemes/generic/
projective_space.py [Reviewed by William Stein]
#5747: Alex Ghitza: improve doctest coverage for schemes/generic/
ambient_space.py [Reviewed by William Stein]
#5748: Michael Abshoff: Sage 3.4.1.rc2: isinf() related doctest
failure in sage/rings/infinity.py [Reviewed by Carl Witty]
#5749: Craig Citro: Bring coverage of sage/rings/power_series_poly.pyx
to 100% [Reviewed by William Stein]
#5750: Craig Citro: Bring coverage of sage/matrix/
matrix_integer_2x2.pyx to 100% [Reviewed by Robert Bradshaw]
#5752: Rob Beezer: Bring doctests of sage/games/sudoku.py to 100%
[Reviewed by William Stein]
#5754: John Palmieri: docstrings for all the interactive_constructors
functions are *all* now completely broken [Reviewed by William Stein]
#5756: William Stein: improve coverage of rings/morphism.pyx (and fix
5 bugs in morphism.pyx [Reviewed by Robert Bradshaw]
#5757: John Palmieri: change nodoctest directive [Reviewed by William
Stein]
#5760: Robert Bradshaw: bring doctest coverage of plot3d/shapes.pyx to
100% [Reviewed by William Stein]
#5764: John Palmieri: improve doctest coverage for sageinspect.py
[Reviewed by WIlliam Stein]
#5770: John Cremona: Bring doctests of modular/modsym/p1list.py up to
100% [Reviewed by David Loeffler]
#5772: William Stein: notebook -- typo in twist.py causes Internal
Server Error [Reviewed by Dan Drake]
#5779: Robert Bradshaw: _fast_floats_'s pow returns garbage for non-
integral powers left of zero [Reviewed by Michael Abshoff]
#5780: William Stein: plotting -- deal with NaN's in plot range
[Reviewed by Michael Abshoff]
#5781: Florent Hivert: The empty standard tableau exists [Reviewed by
Nicolas Thiery]
#5782: Robert Bradshaw: Failure of __pow__ in RDF for noninteger
powers of zero [Reviewed by Michael Abshoff]s
#5784: Mitesh Patel: CSS typos [Reviewed by Jason Grout]