In sage/rings/fast_arith.pyx there are C int & long long versions of
some utility functions, which I have just been adding to.  All the
functions come as _int and _llong (or _longlong) versions with
practically identical code.

Similarly in sage/modular/modsym/p1list.pyx there are various
functions in bot _int and _llong versions.

Question:  in some cases the llong version, despite the name, uses int
types.  Is that a mistake (from copying and pasting code without
editing it properly)?  It looks so to me and I am in the process of
changing where necessary.

On the same topic, some other questions:  (a) should we always use
"llong" as an abbreviation for "long long" or "longlong"?  It would be
nice to be consistent. (b) I can't work out why in fast_arith there
are *classes* arith_int and arith_llong with most of the functions
methods of those.  I can see no reason why all those functions are not
just stand-alone.  Does someone have a reason?

John