Hi,

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 5:20 PM, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Maurizio <maurizio.gran...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I had previously been interested in implementing delta dirac function
>> in pynac, especially for Laplace transform, so maybe I can give you a
>> couple of references.

Thanks for the references. I briefly glanced through Sympy's implementation
to get some basic ideas.

>> My final comment is that, I have understood that I should better wait
>> for SAGE 4.0 to come back with these kind of issues, because that
>> would be the first release (if I got it right) with Pynac enabled
>> (maybe by default?), and so after that we can start working on
>> building something on top of it.
>
> Yes, that is exactly right.

OK, then I will wait for Sage 4.0 to to come before doing anything
with Dirac delta.

>>> Currently, "substitute" works, if keyword is a symbolic variable.
>>> It doesn't seem to work when keyword is a symbolic function.

It seems, I can use "subs_expr" method which is already in Sage,
to substitute a symbolic function. So this one helps to remove
one of the difficulties.

> Don't worry -- 4.0 is indeed coming soon.

Thanks for the update. Will it be around a month?

Cheers,
Golam