On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Robert Bradshaw
<rober...@math.washington.edu> wrote:

> On May 14, 2009, at 10:22 AM, Craig Citro wrote:
>
>>> I'm currently building/doctesting with (1) in place, and I'll report
>>> back soon. gen.pyx passes all tests, so I suspect we're probably
>>> safe.
>>>

>> Doctesting is done, and no troubles -- so I've posted a patch here:
>>
>> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/6039
>
> This is the right fix. Looks good--are you sure we don't use pari's
> some anywhere else?

Robert,

would it actually make sense to have cython emit an error about
multiply defined symbols, or symbols which override python defaults,
instead of silently chosing one over the other?

This would seem to me the right fix, unless I'm missing something obvious...

Gonzalo