On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 10:28 PM, Prabhu Ramachandran
<pra...@aero.iitb.ac.in> wrote:

> Jason Grout wrote:
>> Ondrej Certik wrote:
>>> It even mentions my, Prabhu and Jaap's work on getting mayavi working
>>> in the sage notebook. Cool, it cost me several sleepless nights at the
>>> Siam conference. Here is the updated howto for getting it working in
>>> Sage/SPD:
>>>
>>> http://code.google.com/p/femhub/
>>>
>>> but I think it still fails to build on Mac (mainly due to VTK).
>
> Well, it does build on the Mac but seems to require a framework build. I
> wish there were a faster mac machine we could build this on or maybe I
> should work on my patience. :)

William made me an account on a fast Mac box, so maybe you can get an
account too, if you have time to work on this -- it will be good for
Sage too, to have VTK and mayavi in a better state.

Brian needs this too on Mac, so I'll get to it eventually, but first I
want to get some results with it on linux.

>> Um, yeah, that comment was by me.  Sorry I posted anonymously...  I
>> couldn't pass up the opportunity to publicize Sage and the cool Mayavi
>> work that you guys have done.  Hopefully someone saw it and clicked the
>> links.
>>
>> I've shown the VRML Mayavi stuff you guys did to several people.  I
>> think it's really cool and that we ought to pursue it more.
>
> Many thanks for doing that!  BTW, is the little patch to embed the .x3d
> files in the notebook applied, should I submit a ticket?

I think this goes to the notebook --- if Make is working on making it
a separate package, maybe he will take care of this too. It'd be cool
to have it.

Ondrej